Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dentists and drugs!

Today, I had a tooth extracted. A simple procedure, but as the numbness wears off, the pain creeps in. So, of course, I have a prescription for pain meds.

Reading through the side effects, I noticed one was "a change in vision." So, what does that actually mean? I'm sure they don't mean a perspective on life alteration, so what? Does this mean I could get x-ray vision??? I'd love to have x-ray vision...or should I say, x-rated vision? Hehe.

Anyway, this brings me to something that I've always wondered, how did ancient people learn much of what they knew? What foods are edible is pretty simple, "that bird ate it, and lived, so it must be ok." But, what about other stuff, like drugs? Who was the first guy to realize you could smoke pot, and get stoned? How did he figure it out? Why did he do it?

I don't know the answers, but if you do, share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment